Monday, August 26, 2013

A piece of me lives here

As I was packing up an order of jewelry today I was thinking about all the places my jewelry would get to travel to, places I may never ever see in person. But you know what, a little bit of me will be in those places. When I make jewelry I always put a little bit of me in each piece. The thoughts that went through my head while wrapping stones, the meditation while knotting pearls, thoughts of Christmas presents and who may one day wear the piece.

So here are some of the places my jewelry has gone to.

Grand Junction, Colorado
One of my pearl necklaces and bracelets got to travel to Grand Junction.  This place looks amazing and nothing like Virginia. I would love to see this landscape one day.
 
I sent a pair of blue and green Donate Life earrings to this city.
 
I have actually been to Atlanta and visited the Georgia Aquarium. Seeing the whalefish and beluga whales was amazing. One of my earrings gets to spent their life here.
 
 
You seriously have to check out the waves in this beach town. They are awe inspiring, breathtaking, simple too huge to explain in words. I sent a cute pair of wire earrings to Australia. G'day Mate!
 
 
The city where east and west, old and new meet. My Mom grew up here and lots of my aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews still live here. One day I'll visit again. Not sure when, but I will get there.
 
 
There you go, a sampling of the places that now have a piece of me in them. Isn't that a beautiful thought?
 
Where have your creations gone? Are pieces of your heart in places that you may never see?
 
Manny




10 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I have one purse in India. I hope some day I will see that part of the world too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manny,
    Love your post, what a great question! I haven't really thought about it, but with all the things I have created as gifts and have unfortunately lost touch with many of these people over the years, I have no idea where in the world they could have wound up!Thanks for sharing your thought provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Sometimes we're so busy creating and running a business, we don't think about where the pieces my go or the joy they may bring to other people. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This such a great idea for a post! I have been to the first three places on the list. Lived in the Grand Junction area for over 6 years and I miss it!(Not the snow in the winter though!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to travel the world! I love the idea of sending your treasures off into every different part! Makes me really think about where my pieces go:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting to keep a record of where your creations have made their journey to. I have pieces scattered around the United States, a few in Canada, France, New Zealand and Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a beautiful and fun post, Manny! Love all the pics! Such a great idea to see where all your jewelry has traveled. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting post. Had to stop and think about all the places my items have been shipped to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun to have a piece of yourself in each of these places! Too bad, I never kept track of my journeys that way! #sscnet

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this idea! and your photos are great too!

    ReplyDelete